Thursday, August 27, 2015

Humphrey's at OU

It is official! All four Humphrey children (Lord willing) will graduate from the University of Oklahoma!! 

I am so incredibly proud of Morgan and Taylor for taking this step of faith and having the courage to move away from home. 

Last week my dad and I drove up with Caitlin, Morgan and Taylor to drop them off at OU for the new school year. It is hard to believe that my LITTLE brother and sister are starting school at the same school I graduated from almost three years ago! 

Taylor and Morgan will be studying Computer Science in the College of Engineering! I cannot wait to hear about their classes and all the programming things they will have to do... that is way over my head! 


My biggest prayer for them as they start this new journey is that through the people and experiences they have at OU their relationship with Jesus will grow and be nurtured. I pray that they not only gain knowledge in their specific field but that they see the worth and need to have knowledge in the Lord and for that to be a priority for the rest of their lives. 

I know what an amazing impact the people and ministry at the University of Oklahoma had on me in my years there. I also know the Lord has everyone on different paths in life and our training programs in life will never be exactly the same, so it is humbling to know that Morgan and Taylor's journey at OU could look very different from what Caitlin and I experienced. I am praying that the Lord places amazing men and women around them that will call them forward and be great examples to them, just as Paul was to Timothy in the Bible.

Caitlin will be starting her last year at OU! CRAZY... thinking that she was joining me at OU just four years when we lived at the Duffy house! I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for her this year, I know she is going to do great things and learn so much about herself and who God is in her life. 

My siblings are the best!! I am so incredibly proud of each one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment